THE TRUTH ABOUT BEAUTY SLEEP
Turns out all of those fairytale princesses were onto something when it comes to beauty sleep.
Getting the recommended seven hours of sleep a night is crucial for your overall health and well being, including the quality of your skin.
So here are some of the ways a good night rest can leave you with a dreamy complexion.
GET THAT MORNING GLOW
Your skin has its highest levels of blood flow while you're asleep. This boost of circulation helps your skin in a number of ways.
The first is that it increases your body's temperature which assists in the healing of skin damage, including damage caused by UV rays.
Secondly it helps regulate your body's natural functions which can improve things like your skin's sebum production leading to fewer breakouts.
Finally all of that extra blood flow is what gives your skin that well rested glow in the morning.
REDUCE YOUR WRINKLES
Part of that magical repair process that happens while you sleep is the production of collagen. Collagen helps plump your skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
People who are lacking in the sleep department often suffer from dryer skin. Dehydrated skin looks duller and makes wrinkles and fine lines even more prominent, and nobody has time for that.
MORE POWER TO YOUR PRODUCTS
Your skin is pretty busy during the day fighting off free-radicals, so it uses the down time while you sleep for a little self care.
Since your skin isn't so busy it's able to focus more on absorbing and utilizing the nutrients in your nighttime skincare routine.
It's so important to use products like our 3 Piece Great Skin Kit which work with your skin's natural healing cycle to repair and restore your skin without using nasty chemicals that could be absorbed into your dermis.
ERIN SANDERSON'S NIGHTLY CALMING ROUTINE
Now that you know how important a good nights rest can be here are some of the ways that our founder and CEO, Erin Sanderson, winds down at the end of a long day.
1. Wash My Face. Nothing says the day is over like completing my SKINxERIN routine. It's the facial equivalent of taking off your bra at the end of the day.
2. Put on my pajamas as soon as possible. I prefer to eat dinner in my pj’s.. Something about it just tells my brain it’s time to wind down and get cozy.
3. Our bedroom is a device free zone. No phones or tv are allowed in our bedroom. My phone sleeps in the kitchen.
4. Read. I read for about 45 minutes every night. I find I don’t sleep as hard when I skip it.
5. Melatonin. I take a 3mg melatonin gummy right before I start to read and I sleep like a 16 year old!